|Bubbles and Squeak enjoy their first snow.|
* Snow! On Christmas Day!
* Soft fuzzy purple leopard print pajama pants. And my zebra striped house slippers. Best part of winter if you ask me. I put on a sweater yesterday and it was so itchy-scratchy. I love fleece knit softness and it is all I want to wear!
* Cranberry Bliss COOKIES! I finally made them yesterday and my-oh-my where they good. I tweaked the recipe a little...added candied ginger to the dough, a smidge of lemon to the icing and did not include the white chocolate IN the icing, but did drizzle. Yum yum. Served them to family and our church small group and there were a hit.
* Quiet time at my kitchen table every morning where I am sometimes, but not always, up in time to catch the sunrise. If you look close you can see the ducks floating on the water.
* Picking up many books from the library.
* Add center cut bacon and a grapefruit sprinkled with blueberries to this and you have one of my favorite brunch/lunch dishes lately.
* God's provision...oldest son Ryan got laid off a week before he graduated college. This is the job that paid for his college education and though it is sad to be gone, we are so thankful for it. And he has found temporary work while he figures out what he really wants to do.
* A new-to-me recliner/lazy girl that replaces my rather worn green chair which is even more comfortable than my beloved green chair.
|Trey setting up trains for our visitor. Oh, how this brings back memories.|
* Babysitting a four year old. A friend came over with her little boy and through some unexpected circumstances we ended up watching him for a few hours. I can't even remember the last time I had a four year old around. We got out the boys old trains which provided hours of fun.
* This weekend I was sweeping my living room floor and out from under our loveseat came one of the trains that we missed picking up. Just like the days gone by! I remembered our visit from our little friend and remembered my own little boys and was happy and sad all at the same time.
* Chocolate peppermint cake with chocolate chunks!
* Playing Munchkin and Bananagrams with the family.
* Enjoying our Christmas decor. I think today might be the day I need to start thinking about taking it down.