Monday, March 10, 2014

Little Doggidy-Doodle


This is my silly Little Doggie all snuggled up in his bed.  He does this all day long.  ALL DAY LONG.  How a creature can sleep so much is beyond my comprehension and that is really saying something because I can sleep a fair amount.  He loves his bed especially in the cold weather, but any chair will do.  




Can you see all his gray hairs?  Maybe not. He turned 10 in January and he is starting to fall apart. He has managed to hurt BOTH of his back leg ACLs.  That means I've been feeling sorry for him and giving him lots of extra attention, love and drugs.  He is my nap buddy and loves laying down with me.  He snoozes while I read and doze off for a bit.




And speaking of silly.  Do you see Squeak in the middle of this bunch of ducks?  She is showing restraint because she normally pushes her way to the fence stepping on anyone who gets in her way.  She is pushy like that.  Her main squeeze is the black duck at the fence and to the right.  This has been our big snow so far.  It doesn't look like much but it brought all of North Texas to a screeching halt a few weeks ago.  People complain about everything shutting down, but it is really better this way.



If you like good movies I highly recommend this one.  Mike planned a Date Day back on President's Day.  I'm pretty sure this was my first movie not rated G to see before noon.  Does that make me old?  I did NOT get a discount so that is saying something, right? It should be coming out on dvd soon if you missed it at the theater.  It is about Disney's making of Mary Poppins, but more than anything it is the biography of the author, P. L. Travers.  Some say it isn't accurate or leaves out a few major things.  It is still a very good story and the telling of it is very well done.  I could watch it again and that is really saying something because I thought I was done watching movies more than once now that all my kids are big.

6 comments:

  1. so sorry about your pup's back legs! i have one - also 10 - that has injured both over the years. she still runs, though, and can jump on the couch, but she sure doesn't go as much as she used to.

    squeak. what a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I'm so sorry about your cute companion's back legs, too! Sleepy baby!
    I DO want to see that movie. I wonder when it comes to Pay-Per-View. Soon, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little doggie is such a sweetie. You are looking after him so well. Until we got our little doggie, I never knew how wonderful it was to have a warm furry bundle curl up on or near me. He's currently sleeping, curled tight in the chair closest to me. Squeak makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...we've also been through the doggie geriatric ward here. Our black Lab lived to be 15 years old. Your "doggidy doodle" looks so sweet, and I'm sure that you make him happy.

    I have wanted to see this movie. Thanks for the recommendation. I love a good story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet doggie-dog-dog.
    I wanted to see that movie. Now I want to see it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dog Travis sleeps all the time. He's either at full speed or full stop. When I lie down on the couch to read, he crawls on my chest and sleeps. It's like having a baby again.

    I'm so glad you liked "Saving Mr. Banks." I've read mixed reviews, but have wanted to see it anyway. My guess is that if you liked it, I'll like it (we both being women of such good sense).

    xofrances

    ReplyDelete